Wednesday 3 October 2012

W4 - Illustration Article

 
 

 




I found this article in Illustration magazine. Initially I was interested in it because I'd seen Oliver Jeffers work before and I wanted to find out about his work process and influences as I like to find out artists' thoughts about their work as it usually gives me a different perspective on their pieces. But as I started reading I realised that the article was about the line between fine art and illustration and Jeffers' thoughts on this. I wanted to hear his opinion as we'd discussed this topic earlier in Illustration and I was surprised to learn how large a prominence Jeffers places on fine art as opposed to just on illustration and that it actually helps to influence his illustration. I really like how he practices other areas of art to improve his work and it provided a real life example of how beneficial exploring other mediums is. So far I've found the Exploratory stage at College really helpful with expanding my ideas about art and learning new techniques and it's nice to see how in the future, as an artist, it's still possible to do this and use this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment