Saturday 20 October 2012

Life Drawing (3) - Complex Poses

In this session we changed from standing positions, which we had done almost solely since we started as these are easier to draw, to reclining poses. I really liked this change as it offered variety and a chance to see the body in different positions and how this affects it. When drawing we carried on using the technique that we learnt in the last session, where we first sketched the figure out using lines and then added the curves in later. Combining this technique and the different poses meant I really enjoyed this session and I think these are my favourite drawings so far as although you couldn't use the head as a reference point, it consequently made you focus on other parts of the figure that you could see. Plus the poses were so dynamic that I think they gave my drawings some energy that I hadn't got with the standing poses.






Sketchbook Sketch (1)
Sketchbook Sketch (2)
I also did this sketchbook drawing (below), which makes me laugh a little bit when I see it now as for it we could take a seat around the model, instead of standing like we had done before. But we ran out of stools, so I was given a box to sit on which was awkwardly positioned right next to the model. Just being so close when everyone else was sat so far away and the position which reminded me of the 'Draw me like one of your French girls, Jack' scene from Titanic meant that I couldn't help but smile for the first few seconds when we started drawing.


No comments:

Post a Comment