Friday 28 September 2012

W3 - Graphic Design: Final Images

Below are the final A4 designs for the 4 words that I chose for the Graphic Design project this week which were: Cascade, Balance, Fuse and Isolation.




I'm really happy with the final designs especially after photoshopping them to highlight the colours and contrast as I think it has made them look more professional. I had no idea that you could achieve these kind of effects in photoshop and by adding the text in photoshop it had made the designs look clean and bold, so I'm quite surprised at how well they have come out. I think though that if I could change anything it would be to perhaps look at the colours again on the Balance design. I'm not entirely sure what's wrong, whether the colours are too bright and sections need darkening, or whether the composition of the images and text could have been organised better, but something feels off about it compared to the other designs. If I'd had more time I think I would have spent it looking at the background design to perfect it, despite this though I still think the design works with the text.

It's been a really rewarding week as everything has led to these products from designing using thumbnail sketches, to shortlisting the designs, backgrounds and words. By combining sketches, collage and photoshop this week it's made me realise how impressive images can be created and how different processes can be used in Graphic Design, not just computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment