Sunday 3 March 2013

Illustration: Sequential Imagery Animation

I've loved working on this project over the past few weeks as I've been able to try some short animation pieces as well as practice drawing storyboards. Really, it just gave me a valid excuse to watch a lot of films, read a lot of books, buy a zoetrope and play around with some classic animation techniques. Videos of these can be seen below - the first starts with a thaumatrope (which I call 'The Passive Aggressive Tea-Drinker') and then heads into two zoetrope experiments, where one of the characters from the project Creatures and Characters makes a re-appearance. 



This second video is the flipbook 'How To Make A Bed', which provides a clear image of what a perfect bed should look like. I left the sound on as a flip book isn't a real flip book unless you hear that distinctive "flack" when it's flipped. (My flipping technique still needs some work though.)



No comments:

Post a Comment