Sunday 19 May 2013

Oil, Ink, Water and Sand

More experiments with materials:

Colour Inks and Oil

Strangely the longer you leave the inks, even without any interaction, the more they merge into just one, almost black colour. I thought there would be clear separation and bright blocks of colour, but they stayed quite small to begin with. The biggest problem was that I think I added too many different colours, which probably caused the quick merger later on.


Colour Inks Silhouette

Came out a lot darker than I thought it would, although I like how the ink creates layers of sizes and colours - gets a bit of depth in there.


Colour Inks, Oil and Sand

Had to be really tentative with this - made it hard to get any good movement out of the inks, but the colours help to make it more interesting.


Ink and Water

Accidental, but I liked the action of the ink diluting into the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment